Work With Us
Children's Program Coordinator
We are very excited to launch our search for our next Children's Program Coordinator! If this position sounds like a good fit, then we’d love to hear from you! Send a resume and cover letter, or a 2-3 minute video, to our General Manager, Miriam Turner, at St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, 201 East Frederick Drive, Sterling, VA 20164 or via email at Office@stmtts.org.
If you have questions about the search please contact Rev. Mary Margaret Winn at MaryMargaret@stmtts.org. Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Saint Matthew’s is seeking a passionate, collaborative, and creative part-time Children’s Program Coordinator. Our next children’s coordinator will help children (preschool - fifth grade) know how deeply they are loved by God by developing a robust program that grows their faith. We envision this happening through:
Sunday School (which we affectionately call Faith Factory): Build a volunteer team that creates memorable Christian education experiences of God’s love, support, and presence that kids do not want to miss!
Vacation Bible School: Implement a high-impact, week long Vacation Bible School Program that is geared to attracting the community and stands out as one of the best weeks of a child’s summer!
Christmas Pageant: Coordinate a vibrant Christmas Eve Pageant that captures the Christmas Spirit as only kids can do!
Other: Envision and develop other opportunities to lead our children into a deeper experience of the delight God takes in them and the delight they can take in being part of our church family and the larger community. This will include leading children’s outreach opportunities as well as activities at regular parish events such as Algonkian Park Picnic, Oktoberfest, St. Matthew’s Day, Easter Sunday Egg Hunts, and Christmas Sing-Along. It will also include creative, new events driven by the vision and enthusiasm of you and your team.
This hourly position is part-time - approximately 10-19 hours per week, based on upcoming events. Starting pay is $20/hour. Sunday mornings are required, but other hours are flexible. Staff meetings are held on Tuesday mornings, and ideally your schedule would allow you to attend at least once per month.
Good written and verbal communication skills
Outgoing, fun, and creative!
A team builder who takes initiative and is willing to learn
Strong computer skills: Google Drive
Summer Youth Intern
St. Matthew’s is seeking an intern for the summer of 2022 to run our youth program for young people in grades 6-12. We are a vibrant community of faith looking to provide a fantastic summer experience for our youth that will both strengthen relationships with God and build relationships within the youth group.
1. Completed 1 year of college or the equivalent.
2. Enjoy being around youth and doing really fun things with them.
3. Be comfortable engaging with youth on the topics of faith, community, and church.
4. Computer skills - good working knowledge of Google Docs and Sheets
5. Outgoing communicator - be comfortable and proactive reaching out to families, youth, and newcomers.
1. Execute the summer youth program with input from the clergy and staff of St. Matthew’s.
2. Provide experiences throughout the summer where youth can connect with God and each other.
3. Execute at least one weekly event for the youth.
4. Provide leadership during the summer youth mission trip, June 26-July 2.
5. Plan and execute at least one service project during the summer.
6. Attend Sunday worship (9:15am - 12:00pm) and lead Sunday school each week 10:30am - 11:00am.
7. Assist with Vacation Bible School, including leading post-VBS evening activities for youth volunteers.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Application:
Work hours will vary May 29 – August 13, with one-week unpaid vacation. Most weeks will be approximately 7-10 flexible hours per week. The week of June 26-July 2 the intern will attend and help lead the week-long, youth mission trip to Harrisburg, PA. The week of July 25-29 will be Vacation Bible School, approximate hours of 4pm-10pm.
Total summer compensation to equal $4,000 paid in increments of $1,333 on the last day of June, July, and August.
To apply please submit a two-three minute video describing why you’d be a great fit to Miriam Turner at Office@stmtts.org